Wednesday, June 6, 2012

And so it begins

 Found in a West Bend, WI mailbox this morning.

Previously, they were smashing Barrett signs in the middle of the night in drive-bys. Can you envision doing something like this? I cannot, but I am not a Right Wing Authoritarian Follower.

This is straight Mob stuff. Intimidation tactics. And coming in the middle of the night, delivered by night riders, it has no other purpose that to cause fear. "We know where you live and we do not appreciate your opinions, we will go to great lengths to silence you." The political nature is reminiscent of another group of night riders and I will be so impolite as to name them. The ku klux klan.

Still think I'm crazy? Still think we are not headed for civil war? Think this election settled anything? I'll admit, I did not think that threats would materialize if the fascists stole it won.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, they cheated you all and it is Obvious by this. Walker would be gone if not for thier cheats.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I walk away for an hour and suddenly this post has over 700 pageviews. I wonder where they are all coming from? Thanks Karen, it is definitely the gloating from working class people who think they have "won" something from all this that is hardest to take. Please comment if you can on where you are, how you heard about this blog or this story so I can keep reporting on it as events unfold. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was linked by Ethical Reporters Against Faux News (which has more than 14,000 friends) on Facebook, so that's probably generating the views.

    And while I agree with you that the behavior you reference above is terrible, and I doubt that you're crazy, I don't think we're headed for civil war: http://jmcpherson.wordpress.com/2012/04/28/the-coming-u-s-civil-war/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Dr. McPherson. Although you aren't the James McPherson I first thought you were, I am sure I do not have to explain that when I used the phrase "civil war" I do not mean armies manuvering and succession. But I wanted to post this letter as soon as I saw it, with the intention of editing it later. I am sure you can understand what those of us living in Wisconsin were feeling on Wednesday and emotion got the better of me. Thank you for the links, the ERAFN post did not show up when I googled it the other day.

    ReplyDelete