Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I love the intertubes!

So I just figured out a convenient way to link books and stuff from Amazon.com to my little piece of the internet. It is cool, since I've ordered and read quite a few from them lately and have wanted an easy way to recommend them, if I could make a few pennies from something I wanted to do in the first place so much the better. And it will make a "further reading" page on the website I'm building about the history of armor that much easier to create.

Of course, my first recommendation is to check your local library for any titles I recommend. Not simply because the librarians I know will be happy, but because that is what the library is for. That said, many people I know would rather buy a copy and not have to return it by a certain date. Also, many of my grad student peers (myself included) like to take notes in the margins and highlight important areas, which is frowned upon with library books.

So just to try it out, I wanted to post a quick couple links to books I've gotten a lot out of lately.

Wow, that works pretty nicely :) These are three great books by history minded political commentators that explain a lot of how the world works today. I have read them all (several times in some cases) and highly recommend them.

My other blog, new deals and great societies, was intended to be a nonpartisan educational tool for all the people I know who want to understand more about politics but maybe were uncomfortable asking. That hasn't worked out so well, but hopefully with this new tool I could get back to it.

Anyway, I will try to post a review for each of these books and hopefully many more in the near future.

Cheerio and happy learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment