Tuesday, September 4, 2018

I get the feeling

Perhaps I commented as the Tentacles Facebook page on a news article about Beto O'Rourke and his campaign to unseat one of the greasiest, most loathsome Canadians ever to sneak into the US Senate. I have written a couple of posts about Tailgunner Ted, he is so reminiscent of Joseph McCarthy in his style and duck-speak that a Wisconsin Sea Monster had to take notice. So I get the feeling that the fundamentalists and authoritarians in Texas are ramped up and extra sensitive about anyone talking smack about their dumb ass senator.

Almost as soon as I posted the last blog about my new troll followers I got another one. This time a genuine Texas fundamentalist Christian clicked the "like" button on the blog's Facebook page. This one is so sophisticated she could not figure out how to change her current city of residence. Her favorite book is the bible, she loves movies about how persecuted the Christians are, but can actually post an occasional item that has nothing to do with politics. I welcome good faith arguments but my time is too valuable to swat down regurgitated talking points from professional liars and pre-chewed memes that confirm authoritarian biases.

So I guess I will post this advisory. You can lurk. You can ask questions in good faith. You can comment on why you think what I post is wrong or mistaken. What you cannot do is flood my posts with duck-speak, word salad, or endless streams of doctored pictures we call memes; okay?

Ted, Michael, and Corena you three can have an opportunity to be actual conservatives. Or you can earn my scorn as re-programmable meat-bags and gullible authoritarian followers without an original thought in your heads. You can continue to be led around the path to poverty and destruction by liars and sociopaths who laugh at how easy it is to get you to jump on command. Or you can step up, learn a few things, and earn your citizenship in our great Republic.

I doubt it, but it's your choice.

I'll say one thing though, if you choose to make a ruckus it will only increase my score in Facebook's algorithm and make my work more visible. More visibility means more likes from my side, more page views for the blog, and more valuable monetization of my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment