Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Relaunching the Sea Monster With Much Less Gloom

I hope it does not look like a promotional stunt. Changing the name of this blog is a reflection on my growth as a writer over the past few years. The Gloomy Historian just does not quite fit anymore. Mrs. Kraken rolled her eyes way back in the summer of 2009 when I first mentioned to her that I was starting a blog with that name. I did not really expect it to catch on, some of my friends thought it was okay but but gloomy historian was more a place I was at that time. I am older, wiser (I hope) and ready to more fully embrace my connection to the sea and the giant beasts of myth and legend. That doesn't mean my posts will all of a sudden be nautically-themed or random gifs of Harryhausen monsters will find their way onto this page. Okay maybe just one:


via GIPHY

Oops, wrong one. Here we go


via GIPHY

No, still not right:


via GIPHY
Aha! Yes, that's it.
But I promise that will be the last one.

Anyway, I plan to keep the voter education series going for the near future. And throw a couple of bombs along the way. Just remember, the real monsters wear suits and smile as they pick your pocket through laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment