Sunday, November 2, 2014

"The GOP Mantra"

Interesting discussion in class. One student asserted that women should earn less than men. "What about equal pay for equal work?" "Well, if they *did* equal work, sure."
Same student did not like an increase in the minimum wage. "I'm working now at Walgreen's, busting my butt for minimum wage. But, I know that in the future I will be making a lot more."
All of this stemmed from a review of Hamilton's economic and political philosophy. Good opportunity to learn from student...s and encourage participation.
Then I had them look up the line from 1776 (on their magic telephones). "Don't forget that most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of becoming rich than face the reality of being poor."
-Lincoln Log

No comments:

Post a Comment