Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wind and signs

I have spent most of my day driving around the hinterland of our beautiful state, enjoying the sunshine and watching tractors tilling the fields. Simple, salt of the Earth folks live out here. By that I mean easily deluded souls with low-information voting patterns.

The best part however, has been the wind. It has been scouring over the farmland with a vengeance. I can only assume that if more trees existed the gale would be diffused somewhat.

But, it has served to blow countless "I'm with stupid" signs down. I saw them hanging by one post, flapping in the breeze. I saw them lazily wending their way down the ditches and in the road. I saw them high in the air, presumably on their way to the UP, or maybe Canada.

Makes me just a little warm inside to see the gigantic, over sized support walker signs catching flight. Maybe if his ego hadn't prompted the need for the biggest signs around more of them would have survived. Ahh, a guy can dream.

Update:
More traveling today. There was another big-ass sign alleging "[i'm with stupid] works for all Wisconsinites: Not only the pampered few" or something close to that. Lame first of all, bizarro second. The "pampered few" is exactly who [i'm with stupid] works for, just not the hard-working public sector workers they mean in a sign like this. Third, it must be that [i'm with stupid] cannot take a decent picture because he looks like a drooling moron even on a sign supporting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment