Monday, February 6, 2012

Goodbye zombie, hello rocklobster

I was informed recently that there is some confusion over who has been writing this blog. Sorry about that, it did not occur to me to make some changes in the profile. I am not zombie377. I knew him back in the day, good guy, nice looking kid he's got, but he doesn't have the stomach to keep up with our continuing downward spiral. We reconnected a while back and I volunteered to take over as GH. Like the Dread Pirate Roberts from the Princess Bride. Besides, I gave him every academic's dream. To pass off someone else's work as your own. No, not really. For Christ's sake, let the boy mow your lawn.
Anyway, he's less like a zombie than a bear, so I don't know what was up with that. I'm the real zombie. My thesis was done when he started his and I'm done with the "whole navigating the academic swamp" thing for a while. That is why I am the rocklobster, scurrying about on the bottom and sifting through the crumbs.
Just thought you should know.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I can picture the hand-off going something like this...

    We were at the beach - everybody had matching towels (weird, huh?) Somebody went under a dock, and there they saw a rock. It wasn't a rock.

    It was... a rock lobster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow! Were you there? Unfortunately there aren't any lobsters in Lake Michigan or we'd be eating good :)

    ReplyDelete