Monday, November 14, 2011

And out come the thugs

"Working towards the Fuhrer." Just wanted to post the thoughts of a so-called conservative and prepare anyone working on the recall for what you may be up against. It's not a game to these people, they hate democracy, they hate our freedom to dissent, and they hate the idea that some Americans don't want to live in a fascist society. If you encounter one of these "volunteers" don't engage them, just call the police in case they decide to start something.

All I have to say to you Owen is, get a hobby man. Do you really have nothing better to do that act as a self-appointed gestapo agent?

From boots and sabers, our local gauleiter.

"I will not physically threaten or curse anyone collecting signatures. I will make every personal effort to ensure that the entire process is lengthy, and unpleasant for all concerned."  -So, I have to ask, which is it? All these things you plan to do are designed to intimidate anyone who wants to participate in our free and democratic process.

1) Record and report.


A recall drive is a public activity and participants are generally working in a public setting. I will take pictures, record conversations, take videos, and publicize it all. I hope that the folks are on their best behavior, because a lot of us will be watching. In fact, the Republican Party has set up a website to collect all of these reports. Yup, Big Brother is watching.

2) Power of the purse.

Just like the recall employees/volunteers, everyone who signs a recall petition is signing a public document. I’ll be looking at those names and making them public - especially for people in my neck of the woods. If you sign the petition and happen to own or run a local business, you can expect me to publicize that fact and decline to spend any more of my hard earned dollars with your establishment. After all, if you get your way I will need those dollars to pay my taxes. Two packs a day huh? That's the only tax that has gone up, any other claim is delusional.

3) Explain yourself.

As a close follower of the issues, I am well-equipped to debate the recall effort, the motivations, and the consequences. If you come to my door or approach me in public, you can expect a lengthy debate. I don’t really care if I convince you the error of your ways, but the longer you are talking to me, the less time you are spending collecting signatures. If you get frustrated and storm off in a huff, I’ll enjoy posting the video/audio. Heck, even if you don’t, it will be fun to highlight your lame arguments. Of course, in order to prove you not simply a dogmatic true believer there would have to be some argument that you could admit wasn't "lame."

4) Show ID.

Every recall petition must be signed by the person circulating it. As such, anyone signing it has a responsibility to verify the identity of the circulator to make sure it’s on the up and up. If you ask me to sign it, I will ask for ID, record your information, and use that information as I see fit. If you are from out of state, you can expect to see your name in lights. If you refuse to show me an ID, I’ll be forced to take a picture and ask my readers if they know who you are. I will also ask if you are being compensated and, if so, by whom. Can't bear the fact that some people might work against fascism for free eh?

——-
I will not physically threaten or curse anyone collecting signatures. Nor will I do so to anyone who signs the petitions. I will be polite, friendly, and engaged. But I will make every personal effort to ensure that the entire process is lengthy, and unpleasant for all concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment