Monday, August 23, 2010

If I won the lottery...

I would love to open a (maybe the first?) organic, sustainable, green-power pizzaria. If money was no object I could buy a little hobby farm and grow my own supplies, greenhouse tomatoes and herbs yum. How hard can it be? I worked in a pizzaria for a few weeks, didn't seem all that complicated. You need a big oven, probably larger than this one Fusion 508FC 12" Single Deck Countertop Deluxe Pizza and Snack Oven even though it is kinda cute. But again, money not being a concern it would be about doing one thing I enjoy, cooking, and trying something new, gardening or farming. I can see it now, a few acres of wheat and an old-school windmill to grind it into flour, greenhouses for all the veggies so I can have fresh produce year-round. Maybe I could expand it to raise some dairy cows and pigs, then the supply chain would be practically self-contained :) Then, put up solar panels and windmills, heck I found this one on Amazon pretty cheap Windmax HY1000-5 1,000 Watt Max 24-Volt 5-Blade Residential Wind Generator Kit and even this Sunforce 39126 246-Watt High-Efficiency Polycrystalline Solar Power Kit 

Then what. Hmm, I know I love to make pizza and so far haven't been able to for anyone other than my lovely wife. The place I worked at got almost all of their ingredients from Sysco, a food-service outfit, and it isn't that their stuff was bad, I'd just like to get somewhere between that and Carl Sagan's idea of making food from scratch lol. It would be pretty satisfying I think to make my own dough and sauce. This is the biggest mixer I could find on Amazon and I'd probably need something considerably larger Hamilton Beach CPM700 Commercial Stand Mixer, Silver not that any of this silly idea would be the least bit economical. It would really be more of an ego thing. If I really got serious I would probably need to look into a biogas digester as well, recycle my garbage to fire the oven. Yeah, that's the ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment